September 23, 2014

Landed in Jakarta, Indonesia!

I've landed in my homeland! Well, my mother's homeland...

My mother and I are travelling around Indonesia for the next two weeks. She's always wanted to show me her roots and where she came from, and I've always wanted to learn about her life before moving to Sydney, so since it's my uni break, it's a perfect opportunity to do so! 

We landed in Jakarta on Saturday morning and have been doing heaps of sightseeing. We visited my mother's old high school, and even managed to track down her old house! She's told me so many stories about her childhood in that home and it was crazy to physically be standing in front of it. Amazing to see how far she's come as well.. what a journey!

After Jakarta, we're flying to Medan - the city where she was born. Here, we'll track down her old primary school and the home where she was born and raised for the first 15 years of her life. Another amazing experience.. really looking forward to seeing her birthplace.

Then after Medan, we're flying to Bali to spend the last days of our holiday relaxing by the beach and drinking Bintang... like typical tourists haha.. Bali is really just to end the holiday on a fun note and have a few days to unwind.

Apologies in advance for the lack of posts in the next two weeks - who knows when I can get WIFI that's actually fast enough to blog! haha.. but I'll try my best :)

Hope you're all having a great start to the week!