June 13, 2014

China photo diary - Part 3 (Shanghai)



The last city I visited while in China was Shanghai - and what a great way to end the trip! I absolutely loved Shanghai. As you can imagine, it was very modernised and westernised and it had a distinct sense of glamour. The nightlife was especially amazing and it reminded me of Hong Kong actually (although Hong Kong's skyline was around triple the length of Shanghai's.. lol..). Despite it being a really vibrant and buzzing city, I felt it was much more relaxed than Beijing. It seems as if Beijing is all work and business, and Shanghai is more play. It was a really nice way to slowly wind down, relax and get ready for the long trip back home (...and sadly, back to reality).

I hope you guys enjoy this last photo diary from China! I'd love to know what your favourite parts were, or the places you thought looked most interesting - just leave a comment and let me know!

See more pics:
Part 1 - Beijing - Great Wall of China!
Part 2 - Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors!



On our first day in Shanghai, we caught a train 1 hour west to a small town called Suzhou. Here, we visited a friend of mine who I met at the Taj Mahal, while travelling around India last year. When I told him I was planning to travel to China, he insisted I visited his home town - so one year later, and that's what I did! He was our wonderful tour guide for the day, and I'm so glad I got to see this town - it was beautiful! Definitely a must if you're in Shanghai.
One of the many beautiful Chinese gardens in Suzhou.
The entire town had many canals running through it, with cute and quirky coffee shops along the edge, and it's for this reason, that Suzhou is also called "The Venice of the East".




Back to Shanghai! This was our view from the hotel :)
Can't beat the view of Shanghai from The Bund!

French colonial buildings along the harbour.. and a Raging Bull to bring wealth and luck to Shanghai's financial district! (Oh, and they're quite patriotic with their numerous Chinese flags on the buildings, aren't they?)
No city is complete without a "hop-on-hop-off" Big Bus tour! Great way to see the whole city without having to walk much :)



The famous Oriental Pearl TV Tower!







 I LOVE SHANGHAI! :)

That's the end of all the photos from my recent trip to China!
I hope you guys enjoyed it, and if you have any questions or anything, let me know in the comments below!

If you haven't already seen my first 2 photo diaries, be sure to check them out:
Part 1 - Beijing - Great Wall of China!
Part 2 - Xi'an - Terracotta Warriors!

I had such an amazing time in China - definitely one of the best holidays I've been on so far. If you haven't been, I'd really recommend it! There's so much rich culture and history, and the locals are amongst the nicest people you'll ever meet - no joke. It was such a memorable travel experience and it opened my eyes to a little more of what this beautiful world has to offer.

Can't wait for my next trip abroad!

Chat to you guys soon :)